We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our finance team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small finance team of an ASX listed company and gain exposure to a broad range of areas. Reporting directly to the VP of Finance, the responsibilities of the role will include:
- Prepare invoices, enter bills and other general accounting related functions.
- Perform bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Perform balance sheet and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with payroll.
- Assist with end-of-month and end of Financial Year work.
- Assist with preparing quarterly BAS returns.
- Assist with ad hoc project work, ongoing process improvements and other finance duties.
This role can be flexible for the right candidate – part-time or full-time depending on workload and experience.
- A degree in accounting or commerce.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with Xero (an advantage, not essential).
- Experienced in assisting with R&D tax incentive and EMDG claims.
- Advanced in the MS Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Adaptable to change and quick learner with an attention to detail.
- Have good interpersonal and professional skills.
- Organised and have effective time management skills.
To apply please send a cover email and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.